Friday, June 02, 2006

The End of an Era

Well I got my new helmet last week and I thought that we should reflect on the times of the old one...

2000-2006
First I will give a short history, I asked my father to buy me a helmet. He told me I have a brand new one sitting in the garage. I said that it was purple and I didn't want a purple helmet, then he told me that I can pay for a new one. Seeing as how this one was free I took it. I chose not to wear it for awhile, I usually stole my brothers nicer helmet when I needed one. Then collegiate road racing started and decided it was time for a new one. Never got around to buying a new one until recently. It has been called many names: The Tub, The Beast, Barney (mostly comparing my chubby ass to a purple helmet...I may have resembled barney) Well my entire collegiate cycling season was spent on this helmet, and I took crap about it from beginning to end. Ive been dropped from races on this helmet, crashed on this helmet during mountain bike season, lost my first race on this helmet. ( I wish I could say that I won a race in this helmet, but lets just face it it didn't happen.) As much crap as I took about it, it probably saved me a few times so I thought that I would dedicate this blog to it. Here is the new one and maybe someday it will have memories like the tub gave me. Thanks for checking in.

Here is the new one

No comments: