Tuesday, June 13, 2006

New Belgium Crit and such

It has been awhile and it is time for an update. Weekend was pretty eventful worked all day saturday and went to the New Belgium Crit in Fort Collins. The course was really cool, very flat and only about 6 tenths of a mile long. I went into the race extremely nervous. I stayed with the main field for maybe 3 laps, then the motopace guy blew his whistle for me to drop out of the race. It was kind of an eye opener in how fast the Cat 4's can be, but I am still learning a lot.

This picture shows how hard I tried to stay on with the pack. It didn't work.


Today I went mountain biking at the Devils Backbone outside of Loveland with Corey, Colin, Dana, and Ray. Mark let me test out the Cannondale Rush that I am going to buy from him. The ride couldn't have gone better. I forgot how much I miss mountain biking and it felt great to go out and ride again. Corey broke his chain not far into the ride and Colin and I rode on by ourselves. Corey caught up with us pretty quickly and we had a real fun ride back. I need to start saving more money to buy Marks Rush. The bike was awesome loved the way that it felt when I climbed. I thought that a full suspension would not climb like my old hardtail but it felt great. Well I have work tomorrow. Thanks for checking in.

No comments: