Thursday, June 08, 2006

I had a productive day, imagine that

Well Im finally starting to recover from my horrible sunburn that I got last sunday. I finally am not in pain all the time and I actually had a good night of sleep last night, imagine that. Since I havn't been outside on the bike lately (because I was worried about the burn getting worse) I burrowed Dana Curlee's trainer. I was able to probably put a solid 4 hours or so in on it this week. Gotta say that I don't really like doing the trainer that much, and seeing as my house has no air conditioning you end up sweating a little.

I woke up this morning to a phone call from Corey asking if I would work for him today, seeing as it was my first day off in awhile I said no. Sorry Corey need some time off. I went and got a haircut at campus cuts. Then went and visited Steve at Roubaix for a little while. After that I went to Noodles with my roommate Jason, friend Pat, and Pat's co-worker Kellen. We went back to Pat's for a little while and played some Xbox 360. Pretty cool but definately not worth the 600 dollar price tag. Afterwards went for a little ride by myself out to Windsor and back. Felt really good to get out on the bike again. I also had to test out my newly aquired parts for my bike. Which includes a new Ultegra front derailleur, and a new FSA hollow forged energy aluminum double chain ring. I have been lusting after a double for some time and I finally got what Scott would call a big boy double. Anyway, back to my ride. It was the first ride that I have been on without an Ipod or a friend with me. I don't mind riding alone at all and the only reason I didn't have my Ipod was that I left it at I-bike. I really enjoyed the time alone and it definatly cleared my head which I really needed.

After a week like I have had this week I have realized a few things.

1. Where sunscreen even when you don't need it.
2. Second degree burns really hurt
3. I love my job at I-Bike and I am forever in-debted to Corey Carlson for getting me a job there.
4. The mackin hoes diet is a good way to go for a diet.
5. FSA cranks are very cool.
6. When you work at a bike shop you spend all your paychecks on parts.
7. Having a room to yourself and a queen bed is really nice.
8. A ride by yourself is actually really nice.
9. You can't tell girls that you ride a bike on the first date, its probably a turn off. ( According to Scott drop the bike bomb on them on date number 2 or 3.

For the millions of people that read my blog I thank you.
-Evan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is "wear" not "where"