Wednesday, June 21, 2006

You havn't lived until you MTB in the pitch black

Well its been awhile since my last update and its time to give one. Well the past few weeks have pretty much consisted of me working a lot and biking in my spare time. Seeing that Corey is changing shops it has given me a lot of hours which is good and bad. I started paying for my new mountain bike this week which is going to make me very broke but the bike is pretty sweet. I will do a little bike report of the new bike pretty soon.
Well Tuesday night we had our second group mountain ride of the season. Started out very good, and I'm finally feeling a little more comfortable on the bike as far as my fitness level goes. So I'm going to try to build on it. Anywho, we set out with Corey, Feighny, Colin, Austin and Ray do try a different route that looped back to Feighny's house. It was going pretty good until the sun started to set and we weren't halfway to our destination. We decided to keep pressing on, and didn't get any brighter outside. At one point when we were waiting for people to catch up Feighny, Corey, Colin and I had a little break in our conversation only to hear coyotes howling and making all kinds of noise in all directions. It was a good little laugh. Once it got really dark Austin took a little dive over the handlebars and beat his bike down the hill, the bike almost landed on him. I wish I could have seen it but it was far to dark. We made it back to Jenn waiting for us in the short bus to pick us up.
All in all it was actually a great time and I had an absolute blast. I can't wait to do the trail again. Big thanks to Jenn and Mike for letting us have pizza at their house and Jenn for rescuing us in the middle of the night! Thanks for checking in

PS I would have pictures but I have no camera

No comments: