Thursday, May 04, 2006

UW and Finals Week

Well the University of Wyoming race turned out to be quite the race. We woke up saturday morning with it pretty cold outside in Laramie. By the time we got up to where we were actually going to race we were sitting at a comfortable 25 degrees. Wasn't very pleasant to say the least. The course consisted of about 23 miles of downhill then you turn around and go back up. It took me about an hour to go downhill 23 miles. As soon as I turned around I was met with a headwind that didn't really stop until I made it back to the finish line. My ride time was 3 hours and 12 minutes and it was not that fun. Oh well those can happen.

We decided to ditch out on the TTT and just get some rest and save ourselves for the crit the next day. The crit was a lot more fun than the road race for sure. It was flat all the way around, only problem was is that it started at 7 am. We all started together and I ended up dropping out of the race about 3/4 of the way through because I was not feeling so hot. Anywho, Albert King ended up taking 5th overall in collegiate racing C's this year. Congrats to him. I was pretty pleased with how my season went, this year was a learning experience for me and with every race I felt better. My goal is to lose some weight this year and work on some climbing. Well good season.

Well this week was my favorite week of the year in college...FINALS!!! Ya they have been going pretty good I took 2 on monday, 2 on tuesday, have wednesday and thursday off, and then Bio on friday. I started at I-Bike yesterday afternoon and had a lot of fun, it will be different doing a job that I actually enjoy. I go in today again as well I have a feeling it is going to be a good summer of work.

I started moving some of my stuff over to Corey's today because I'm living with him until I can move into my house on the 20th. Thanks Corey!

1 comment:

Corey Carlson said...

Your landlord ended the season 5th in the "A's" Thanks for the shout out.