Friday, January 18, 2008

Taking a little break

Sorry for the hiatus on the updates, but I have been busy. With the combination of the closing the temporary store at Park Meadows mall for St. Nicks, I put in a ridiculous amount of hours at work, all while trying to put base in there as well. After what seemed like a never ending week at work, I decided to take some time off before school starts this next wednesday. Some of my best friends from Socorro, New Mexico came up for a few days and spent some time in Colorado. We spent one day downtown and went to the Denver Art Museum, which I have never been too. One of my good friends Neil is an aspiring architect and had heard about the remodeling of the Denver Art Museum and really wanted to see the building and the artwork. Got to check out some really interesting pieces from just about every race and culture out there, highly recommend checking it out. We spent the next day skiing/snowboarding at Keystone, where we had an awesome day for sure. Back in the day I spent almost every moment of my free time up in the mountains snowboarding. Since I went to college and picked up cycling, snowboarding took a back seat and I hadn't done it more than a couple times since then. We had an awesome day on the hill and it was great to spend it with all of my good friends. The last day of their trip we made our way up to Ft. Collins to my younger brother, Andrew's house to go hang out and see the town. It was really good to see them and I hope that I can see them again soon.
After Ft. Collins I went to Greeley to see some friends and see the old stomping grounds. I caught up with Mark down at the International Bike's new location in Greeley. I then went to the Rio with Scott, and Dana. There is where I finally had my first Marg that everybody is always talking about. I'm pretty sure that it lived up to all the hype that everybody gives them. Afterwards, we went to a friend of mine in Greeley, and we had fun there until the late hours of the night. The next day Scott and I braved the cold weather and went and visited some people in town for a little while as well. All in all it was a great few days off, I saw some old friends, and made a lot of great new ones, all while getting some solid chamois time in as well. Thanks for reading, and check out my new songs as well they are awesome!

P.S. The picture on the bottom is of my friends, my brother and I. I never get any comments anymore, I hope it changes.

3 comments:

Senior Administration Official said...

The guy on the far left? Sizzling. He burns me to the ground.

Evan Sandstrom said...

That would be my friend Neil. He is half french as well.

Dana said...

Solid update e-strong. It was fun going out with you the other day. I am still a little surprised that you and Scott went biking after that night. Maybe I had a few more than you.