Friday, April 07, 2006

The eve of The School of Mines Race

hey everyone, ive been pretty busy so i havn't updated lately, but i have had a big week on the bike for sure! Well this past weekend i went home back to Littleton to see my family and help out with the new puppy. On friday I went for a little spin with my friend Shawn and I noticed that my total ride distance for the week had been nearly 180 miles! Thats a new milestone for me and it definatly felt really good. That night my friend Amanda and her boyfriend Justin came by to see the new puppy we hung out for awhile and Justin and I enjoyed a couple of beers. On Saturday morning I woke up to go meet my fellow teammates for a little hill climb practice of lookout mountain, and then a crit practice afterwards on the mines course. It was really good to get out there as a team and practice, and i hope that it becomes a regular thing. Lookout mountain was probably one of the first real good climbs that I have done all year. I figured out that I am not a climber and I do not enjoy climbing that much, but it was a great workout. Matt, Dana and I all went over to a little sub shop in golden and ate lunch afterwords it was really good. On Sunday Shawn and I went up to Waterton Canyon in Littleton to do a little mountain biking. This was great beautiful day, and just the road in front of us. Felt great to get out on the mountain bike again, even better because i was on my dad's 4000 dollar Yeti, that made it even better. (For those of you who don't know my mountain bike got stolen last fall) We had a great ride that day and was a lot of fun. My brother drove me back up to Greeley later that day, and we indulged in a little bit of Big City Burrito. The next morning I had class and that was my rest day finally! I realized that I have not had a rest day in over a week in a half, and my legs were absolutely cashed. On Tuesday, Jason and I finally got out together to get in a ride, a little bit windy but we just went out and spun for a little while. That night I went to a Jazz concert for my music class in some restaurant, fairly entertaining for sure, ended up having a lot of fun. I ended the night with Conor, we watched Led Zeppelin and passed out. On Wednesday, I got a call from Steve at the Roubaix Bicycle Co. my new saddle came in and i needed to go out and test it. Nick Morgan, and Mike from the team went out with me to go test it. The weather was very windy and it smelled like rain, but we were lucky, no rain. Well seeing that it was wednesday it is the night of drinking in Greeley we had to live up to tradition. Jason realized he blew off a 5 page paper, so he was history. Conor informed me that he had a little liquor and there seemed to be no parties around, so we started drinking. Then we got a call from 2 ladies that live in our neighboring dorm, and they said that they would join us. We ended up having a great time, and having a great night. Luckily i don't have class until 12:30 on Thursday, because it was hard to get up then! I went to class that day ended up just spacing out for most of it. That night we had our cycling meeting at Corey's place to decide who was going to run for officers for the 06',07' season. I am running for VP so we will see how that goes. The night ended up being very entertaining, Corey was putting new bar tape on his bike for him, Matt recieves enough crap from the whole team about his LIVESTRONG bracelet around his seat post. So corey proceded to wrap parts of Matt's bike in yellow tape, very funny we all got a laugh. After the meeting Corey help me put on a UNC cycling sticker on my frame, and we had a little talk about our lives for awhile. Crazy how our lives are the same a lot. I went home and watched the Big Six, the highlights from Lance Armstrongs Tour De France wins. Very good, i would reccomend it. Well i have my Hill Climb tomorrow, and the crit on sunday wish me luck.

No comments: