Sunday, March 23, 2008

Priorities

Well it has been almost a month since my last post, but a lot has happened for sure. School is finally going great for the first time in a long time, and I'm pretty sure I found out what I want to do in life. Only problem is, I have to put a lot of things on the back-burner that I wish I didn't have to put there. The amount of time that I have had to put in has made it difficult to have any kind of "routine" riding at all. I have been doing ride-alongs with various Fire Dept's and Ambulance agencies around the Denver metro area, and usually am gone for 12 or more hours at a time. Not to mention school and work all week as well. I wish I had more time to ride, but I just don't right now. Link
In other news, I had my first race at City Park in Denver, hosted by DU two weeks ago. It didn't go bad for my first race, considering I knew I wasn't ready for it at all, having just come out of base a week before that. I got lapped with 3 to go, so I got pulled. Disappointing for sure, but what can you do.
Yesterday was the Promontory Park Crit put on by UNC, in Greeley. Last year the race never happened due to not getting a bid for the race and other schools taking over instead. The races all went great for the most part, and it a huge success for the team for sure. Besides the issue with a security guard everything went really well, and it didn't start snowing until after we packed up all of the barricades and cones. I raced in the Cat 4's, later in the day. I got dropped with one to go and just cruised in with a couple other chasers. Not to bad considering the lack of training I have had in the past couple weeks. We had a great turn out for all of the open categories, and had over 50 racers in the Pro 1,2,3 race! Dana Curlee and Alex Lewis did a fantastic job of making that race happen and it couldn't have gone better, awesome job guys! Koch even showed up to help out as well! Also, thanks to my little brother Eric for dealing with the parking fiasco today!
Anyway, I'm still wiped out from yesterday just laying in bed, so unfortunately I'm not going to be making it out to the race at CU research park today. But on Monday and Tuesday, my brother and I are going to Fruita, CO to hit some dirt for a few days. If anybody wants to tag along let me know! Then I will enjoy the rest of my much needed spring break. Thanks for reading and check out my new songs as well.

2 comments:

A. Lewis said...

Thanks to you and Eric for coming up and helping save our under-volunteered asses. Enjoy Furtia.

TD said...

Well, that sure was a lot of words. Mighty verbose. Yada yada yada.