Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A little break

Sorry for the lack of updates but I'm back for good! I got back from Santa Fe on Monday afternoon for a much needed little vacation. I got to ride quite a bit while I was there, and even had a solid day in the mountains of New Mexico. I rode from my Grandparents house to Santa Fe Ski Area and back which is a grand total of about 50 miles, give or take.

This was my way up the mountain, not that steep but it sure was long, about 14 miles up.

This is when I stopped at a campground to fill up my waterbottles

The Cockpit

Anyway my ride up the mountain got cut short by some bad weather and lightning that rolled in. I was only about a mile from the top, but bad weather made me turn around. When I rolled back through town, I was cruising through the plaza in Santa Fe, when I stopped to watch a guitarist play. It didn't take me long to realize it but it was none other than Esteban, the guy who sells guitars on infomercials. I hung out and watched for awhile and it was awesome!

Saturday night was spent at the Santa Fe opera outside of town. They did a performance of "Platee" which is a story of Greek Mythology but sung in French. It was really interesting for sure and a really nice setting.

Aside from my little vacation not much has been going on, just work, ride, sleep, repeat. My last road race of the season will be Sunday, at the Bannock St. Criterium. I would ask you to come watch but it starts at 7am. Just sleep in I'll tell you about it.

3 comments:

c bass said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
c bass said...

i cant believe it, i lost 7 fingers in an accident involving a set of five pound weights and a well-sharpened electric knife, but esteban told me i could learn to play the guitar if i bought his deluxe edition guitar w/ instructional videos and i did!

Senior Administration Official said...

Dear Evan,

You've updated photos on Facebook, but I've yet to see a blog post on your... hike?

To be fair, this was a swell post, so you're back on an even keel with me.

-BriBoo