Monday, May 07, 2007

Dopers Suck

Well as most of you probably know, Ivan Basso finally came clean today, and I thought that I should shed light on the subject. Gotta hand it to the guy for finally coming clean, for having a guilty concience I guess. I would probably be guilty to if I had won the Giro by cheating, but thats just me I guess. In my opinion I think that the majority of guys on the pro circuit are clean, but i know that there are some who cheat. I think that it really sucks that they have to bring down the sport of cycling like this. It gives it all a bad name, when cycling is such a great thing, and something like this only brings it down. I hope that this little incident will bring all others to just confess to what they did instead of beating around the bush. I read an article recently about a former Quick Step classics rider who recently came out and said that he doped in the final years of his career, but thats all he said and he wouldn't elaborate. People who are involved need to just do what Ivan did and just face the music. Lets make the sport fair again, I don't like Ivan for cheating, but I like Ivan for having the guts to come out and say it. Well I'm not writing my paper, thanks for checking in.

No comments: