Sunday, May 20, 2007

Coal Miners Classic

Well after my few week hiatus from racing I decided that I needed to get back out there and try my luck at a few open races. The race was held out in Louisville, the course is just over a mile long, with a long uphill finish. We had a really large field with probably about 70 guys. It quickly split up and I managed to stay in the main group. It only lasted about 5 or 6 laps before I started to feel that hill more and more on each lap. Anyway, I lasted about 20 to 25 minutes in the main group which is probably the best I have ever done in an open race. If you look at my old posts the first ACA race that I was in I managed to get spit out of the back in about 5 minutes. At least I got my money's worth today I suppose. I hope to do some more open races this summer, and hopefully be able to finish in the pack eventually. Now that I am finally on a regular schedule at work, I can work in time for training. Hopefully I'll be able to scrape some pics off of the internet from the race, until then...

5 comments:

Koch said...

I can't tell you how many times I have heard you say you'll get pictures up, I can however tell you that it has been since Jan. 27 since we last saw pictures. STOP leading us on!

mattmatt said...

Shoot me an email or give me a call next open race you are heading to. I need to get some racing in!

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...

Evan I hope that work is treating you well. You better be getting those complete tunes done in 2 hours or it will be your ass. I feel very strongly and I think your fellow readers would agree with me that you should publish your training accomplishments on the blog so we con keep youi honest and on track. How did the parents take that school news?

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.