Thursday, October 18, 2007

Gunnison CX

Well I finally got some time to update the blog, sorry for the hiatus. Good news from the weekend, I kept the bike upright, no mechanicals and I got a pretty sweet new skin suit as well. The course was on the Western State College Campus, with a lot of grass for a change, lots of turns and 3 barrier run up. Suited a power rider like myself for sure. I stayed with the main group for pretty much the entire race, I got gapped a little with 2 to go and rolled in for 10th place. Its the best result for me in a cross race, and I finally felt like I could put some power down and hold it in a race.

The Run Up
The Finish

I made the trek up there with my little brother,(who is sitting 2nd in BCR points for Juniors now) and the chester dog of course. He was bushed after all of the races on saturday, and so was Eric.
In the hotel
Chester which side of the bed do you want?

So after getting a solid night sleep we all woke up to much colder temperatures, rain and wind. Eric took second in his race after battling with a kid for 30 minutes in the horrible conditions, and finished for a super strong weekend.
My race started a few hours later, same course as the day before, only backwards with the barriers in a different place. Warm-ups were even worse conditions than earlier that morning, but as soon as my race started, the sun came out a little and it was much better. I didn't feel as good as the previous day, but still felt super strong. The course was very muddy from all of the rain, and extremely slick in every corner, which made for pretty slow going. I got gapped about half way through the race and got in a chase group with a kid from the bike source. We kept attacking each other in certain spots, and in the last lap I put on an attack that he couldn't follow and I rolled in for 11th place. Here are some of the pics from Sunday


So, all in all an awesome weekend of racing. I can't wait for Interlocken this weekend, it was my first one last year, and I plan on turning heads this weekend. Thanks for reading.
PS Check out the new songs.

2 comments:

mattmatt said...

This picture is great:
http://bp1.blogger.com/_BQ7lGn_WxM4/RxgFCDCXerI/AAAAAAAAAG4/tgjUyLQAFKc/s1600-h/P1000144.JPG

Good luck this weekend.

Mack Danny said...

come on.
you and everyone else wants to be a fire fighter. so...corey asked me if i can give my bro's info to him so he can forward his info on to you. i dont even ask my bro, i just trust you are a good guy and allow it. i just email him so he is expecting your email. my brother goes out of his way for a "friend of mine" who just responds with questions and never a thanks, despite my brother responding to you, twice. i dont know much but i do know that you will never be a fire fighter and you certaintly don't deserve to be one.

ds