Thursday, September 13, 2007

Autumn is here, couldn't have come sooner.


Nice crisp morning today, and had one of the better rides that I have had in awhile. Ive found my cross course that I will do my race workouts on near my old middle school not more than a few blocks from my house. I do need to build some porto-barriers to complete it, might be my saturday project.
Above are the new wheels that I finally got the other day...only problem is I can't use them! They are Dura-Ace 7800 hubs, wrapped in a black Mavic Open Pro, with wheelsmith black spokes. Turns out the Dura-Ace hubs only work with 10 speed, and 1o speed only. You can only switch out the free-hub body for one identical to it, because apparently they run an oversize axle shell which only allows that certain free-hub body. I'm trying to decide if I should send these babies back, and start from scratch? Or strip down the rear wheel and get a different hub? Sell them on Craig's List? Its a tough call and I'm not sure what to do, I would love to hear what you all think.

Above is a shot of the hub, and below is a shot of the rim.
If anyone is interested in taking these off of my hands, let me know and we can maybe work something out. Also does anybody have a similar wheelset (32 spokes) that they want to get rid of? Anywho I hope I get some feedback, thanks for reading.

P.S. I was reading Greg's site today and he found an article about the course for Sunday, looks like fun.

4 comments:

Senior Administration Official said...

Obviously the best of all possible solutions is to upgrade to 10 speed, preferably via a brand new SRAM Red drive train.

Koch said...

I concur with the previous comment

Koch said...

I would also like to know where in the world, let alone LITTLETON, did you find the road that Microsoft uses for a desktop immage?

Brilliant Evan!

Senior Administration Official said...

It is an open secret that if you take the third unmarked dirt exit from Route 14 in Littleton, CO, you'll quickly find yourself in the Cognac region of France.